[at-l] Brian Robinson in the Globe

The best story about Brian's stunning accomplishment that I've seen to date, by
far, was in today's New York Times. Unfortunately I could not find it on the NYT
web site. But it covers five half page columns, (five/sixths of a half page)
including a superb summit photo and a map of his routes. The story obviously was
written by someone who spent considerable time with him.

 It contains pertinent comments on the current war and details on his diet
 (6,000 calories a day, including "salad is a waste of time" and "I eat food, I
 don't taste it.")

  On the war: "As a hiker, I know that if people are willing to be completely
  rural, to live under trees and hide in caves, they are impervious to the kind
  of wars we fight."

  He adds, "I think the war against Osama bin Laden is hopeless, but I also
  think we have no choice but to fight." I like the quote because it is what I
  believe also.

  The story contains much more: details of his training, how he could afford a
  year off, his reaction to finally ending. I bought the last copy of the NYT in
  the city near my home 30 minutes ago. If anyone wants a copy, I'll be glad to
  copy it and send folks one (within reason.) Send me an e-mail with a mail
  address and I'll send it along. The article is too big to conveniently fit my
  scanner or I'd e-mail it.

   Weary