[at-l] FW: Trip report - the 34 hours of Maryland and a question for the group

Misadressed to me; forwarding.

-----Original Message-----
From: at-l-owner@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-owner@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of
DTimm65344@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2001 5:22 AM
To: at-l-admin@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: Trip report - the 34 hours of Maryland and a question for the
group

Hiked out of Harpers Ferry with a buddy of mine Friday morning at 7:15 a.m.
and into PenMar Park at 4:30 p.m. yesterday.  I realize there is an annual
event that is the 24 hours of Maryland (we did all the walking time in just
shy of 23 hours), but I can't envision doing the rock scramblesin the north
half of the section by headlamp, so we didn't attempt.  We spent the night
at
Pine Knob and, in hind sight, we should have brought the tents along (we
figured with a forecast of snow that nobody else would show up).  We got to
the shelter past dusk to find 6 folks from New Jersey in a shelter designed
for 5, but they squeezed us in anyway and they had brought the beer as well
which they shared and which tasted pretty good after 24 miles.  We could
have
done without the all night chatter as we were just trying to get some rest
before pushing on.

The Question:

About four miles south of PenMar, met a SOBO from Maine (I don't recall his
name).
He was inquiring about the whereabouts of a buddy of his named "Straydog"
who
he's trying to catch up with.  If anybody knows that person and how to
contact him, please let him know that his tall, thin buddy from Maine with
red hair, glasses and a beard is chasing him and trying to catch up.  He
apparently got laid up in PA for a week.

Dave Timmons