Subject: [at-l] (Guest Post) thruhiker appetite

(Sorry about the blank post!)

>>Can any of you thruhikers relate? And, can you do
>>any better?  :)

SolarBear described a hearty meal on Shackleton's
voyage. Change the main dishes to pasta with meat on
the side, and you described my Grandmother's house on
a Sunday afternoon when growing up. :-) (Ah..the joys
of meal that lasted all afternoon..-BURP-)

On the trail, I think my personal 'best' was at Shaw's
when I had the 4X4 : 4 eggs, 4 pieces of bacon, 4
large pancakes, 4 pieces of sausage. Came with a large
side of homefries, and I also had a chocolate
doughnut. Mr. Shaw took one look at me and insisted I
eat the 4x4!  An hour after hitting the trail that
morning, was hungry again...

When I finished the trail, that evening (after
shaving, taking a shower and merely looking like a
skinny, malnourished guy rather than hiker-trash)
ordered a large pizza with everything on it in a
Millinocket pizza place. The girl at the counter asked
if I needed plates. Nope, this pizza is just for me.
She was a bit surprised, to say the least.   My
friends were even more suprised when I ate the whole
pizza myself. Had to listen to "No, we are not
stopping Paul" everytime we went by a restaraunt on
the side of the road on the way back to Rhody.

=====