[at-l] giardia and others

--- SLIM aka Nancy <bogey1@cplx.net> wrote:
> We are going ultralight which means giving up
> the Pur Hiker.  This is a difficult decision because the Hiker has
> protected us for over ten years now.
> SLIM aka Nancy

### If you're really driven, check out the ($20.00 at Galyens,
recently $10 via STP) Boulder Bota [or something close] that I've
adopted. You get a 1 liter squeezable Nalgene (that you can use for
daily water regardless, so weight penalty is maybe 2oz), and into
that slip the replaceable filter element ($8.00, 4oz?). Pop the top,
give a squeeze, and water of (honestly) striking clarity flows out.
The website says the .2micron filter will handle 200 gallons,
depending on clarity (no duh). Lite, cheap, simple, and quick.
(Sounds like all the things I need in a ... well that's a story for
another day...) I may not use mine in the mountains, but as an
insurance policy, it is a lot more useful than I, and give me the
protection from the other rot that exists out here in Hooterville.
And you don't need to pay $20; but the bottle for $7 in many places,
and then pay the $8 for a couple of filters, and you'll be set.

Sloetoe

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!