[at-l] Definition of "camping"

There is a bit of difference between loitering and camping. At a "rest
stop", many men who stop and rest are not there for a nap. The attendant is
there to discourage their activity, particularly to allow the restroom
(love that euphemism) to be used for toileting exclusively. I suspect you
would have been left alone by the attendant had you simply napped in your
car with doors closed and windows up. Personally, I trust a drunk driver
more than a drowsy driver.

Sleeping in the open made you appear suspicious as well as vulnerable to
assault. We have several stories of people with broken cars at rest stops
who have disappeared or lost their lives - a particularly sad story of a
female VW Bus driver in Arkansas last year comes to mind.

Some of these rules against camping are made for good reasons, such as the
safety of the stranger in the area. The local county mounty isn't the only
person breaking heads.

OrangeBug