[at-l] Summer Reflection

Hello All!

I had "turned off" my mail from this list for a few months, mainly
because I had become overwhelmed with kids band, soccer, school, work,
church, and caring for the family needs. I just had to prioritise. But
recently I realized that I miss many of you. A part of who I was, just
seemed  to be missing. I will now be receiving the digest version again.
I am looking forward to catching up on the adventures of you, my
friends! Thanx again, Ryan and Uncle Milt, for the amazing job you do
for us!!!!

We missed "The Gathering". It was difficult around here that weekend,
because we both would have liked to have been there. Unfortunately,
though, we had to miss out on the fun. Fur just has not been in good
health. His Lyme is kicking @$$ lately. Its so sad to see him sit inside
nearly all summer in pain and disappointment. Sometimes it may be 2
weeks between his even going outside of the house. Indeed, friends, his
"good days" (I use this term loosely), come with MUCH less frequency.
The frustration with this disease is sometimes more than anyone should
have to endure. The Lyme "walk" is an arduous trail indeed! Many
PUD's!!!

I miss Fur! I miss the excitement of a man with a desire to thru-hike.
Last Friday, though, we took the family on a short adventure on the C&O
canal. We traveled to Paw-Paw West VA to journey thru the 0.6 mile
tunnel thru a mountain. It was nice to see Fur out and about on a hike,
even a short distance. But the "bounce" to his steps  was missing. After
all, it pales in comparison to the AT.

Take care all........
I look forward to reading the posts on the list.

Most sincerely,
Landslide (Nan)