[at-l] Re: AT-L digest, Vol 1 #462 - windbloc hat

I used an  OR windbloc hat with ear flaps for my LT hike this past month--it peformed excellently in wind, rain, snow--kept me warm, dried quickly when I fell headfirst into puddles and during rain storms and seemed no worse for the wear at the end (no unraveling fuzzies).  Usually I'm an all out proponent of wool over synthetics and yes, this would still melt if I fell into a fire with it on--but for all other purposes, it was the same weight as the fleece hat I usually wear and just as unfashionable.
ej