[at-l] Hiking Boots

Best suggestion is to try on several pairs of boots. I am 230 lbs
with size 14 feet, which means boots are a little hard to find
in the store.  My on-trail boots are a pair of Raichle Kootenai III
boots, which I got through the Mountain Equipment Co-op (Canada).
 Simple design, minimal stitching. They work well enough for the
trails in GSMNP.  The Mountain Legends seem to be what these
boots are called in America.  I think Sierra trading post has
them cheap right now.  You might also look at the Mountain Trekkers.
These were my last pair of on-trail boots.  Durability is lacking.
They lasted me a year of tough work in various mountain ranges
across the west and in the Whites.

Chris

Chris Willett
cwillett@math.uiuc.edu