[at-l] Crossing the Kennebec

I would take the advice of the eternally waterlogged
K7 on this one.  Actually I would add that you want to
keep your body at about a 45 deg angle to the flow,
your head upstream, on your back with your feet out ot
the water to prevent entrapment.  Never try to stand
in swift moving water.  The flow will move you
downstream and sideways to the opposite bank. This is
"Swimming 101" for paddlers who become separated from
their canoes and kayaks.

Steve