[at-l] Getting "Booted" in Jersey

Hello Rich:

   I too am from the wilds of Jersey and here are some of my =
experiences:

   I too need the support you mentioned so I went with Garmont Kevlar
Hikers... I think the name has recently changed to Garmont K-Hikers or
something like that, but these are a pretty good midweight boot... I got
them at Paragon Sports in NYC after finding out that places like Campmor
really have an bad return policy on things like boots... They also don't
have anyone who knows anything about boots!! They don't carry a very =
full
line either!!  Don't get the wrong idea, they are a great place, I just
think they stink at boots... Paragon did a nice job on fitting them and
getting me the right size and width...

   I also bought a pair of Scarpa double plastic boots for winter hiking =
(I
am not suggesting these boots for regular hiking, read on) at a little =
place
in manhattan called Tents N Trails... These guys know boots!!! They have =
two
people who work there who only do boots and they are real pros at =
fittment
and suggesting things... They must have 200 different kinds of boots =
down in
the lower level of the store (well actually the basement)... You can =
look
and try on all the ones you want, it was great... They have widths and =
they
will custom order things and I think they even can get special footbeds =
made
if you wish... I was extremely happy with their service and they even
answered calls after the purchase...

   They are located about 3 blocks north of the former World Trade =
Center
site and I believe they were unaffected by the recent events in the
neighborhood... What with the recent changes in the sales tax law in NY
state I even think you may not pay any sales tax on what you buy... =
Here's their info:

Tent & Trails=20
21 Park Place, New York, NY 10007
(212) 227-1760=20

   Hope this helps... Ed

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D