JD, dmb, muuuuuuusic Re: [at-l] Re: Song

--- Debbie_Smith@millipore.com wrote:
> I always loved Rocky Mountain High too, but the song "Summer"
> brings a tear to my eye.  Yeah, I still listen to John Denver.
Thanks, Sloetoe, for bringing my attention to "An Evening With John
Denver"... how many Rucks ago?
### Ummm <thinking, thinking> three.
### But lemme let you in on a little secret that Her Dee-ness lemme
in on: the new "Special Edition: An Evening With..." has the two
songs that were cut from the vinyl in filling in the first "An
Evening with..." -- "Today" and "Boy from the Country". Either one of
these tunes is worth the purchase of the entire double cd. Promise.
### And speaking of singular artists whose work I regularly put on
for hours and hours and hours and hours and hours, Dave Matthews
(first such artist for me for twenty plus years since John Denver)
regularly quotes from John Denver, either musically or vocally. Pick
up "Live at Red Rocks" for a commercial example.
### You should hear what the SmallBoys(c) and I can do to "Sunshine
on My Shoulders".... for *hours*.

Peace!
Toe

(PS: Yes, I still love the Dead. But while all others are a distinct
third, the Dead are a clear second to the two that tie for first, JD
and dmb. I know this is sacrilege to some, and I apologize.)

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!