Re[2]: [at-l] Feeling NOT unproductive

Bob Cummings writes:
> "...Has anyone else noticed a problem with e-mail reception?"
>
> The Internet, something like the trail, is a vast amorphous institution. With no
> one really in control. So things just happen, sometimes for the good, sometimes
> not. For instance, a message I posted about winter hiking in Baxter Park on
> September 24,(in response to a very critical, even important, query -- which I
> forget) showed up on this list on October 12 -- probably for the better.

If anyone really is interested in why email is delayed, be sure to
look at the complete set of mail headers on the message.  Each mail
program has a different way of looking at these so consult your
documentation.  What you are interested in is the "Received:" lines
in the mail header.  An additional Received: line is prepended to
the message as it traverses the various mail servers from source
to destination.  By looking at these lines carefully and adjusting
for timezone changes and such, you can discover where your message
is being delayed.