[at-l] Solo tents with vestibule space?

In a message dated 10/14/01 12:46:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bcalkins@disaster-relief.net writes:

<< The Eureka Zephyr XT is worth a passing look.  Altho', I am sold on the
 basic tarp for all but the most buggy and populous places.  The simple tarp
 also works well to extend the living space of a small tent.
 Black Wolfe >>

May I suggest that your basic tarp should be your poncho?  And forget the
tent?  When it's buggy, you can hang your mosquito netting from the same
hiking poles that hold up the poncho/tarp.  Lightweight!  No tent.  No
condensation problem.  Raingear serves as tarp.  Netting weighs maybe 3 oz
and covers your upper half, so you can just lie there on a warm night with
your bag open to the waist, listening to the frustrated mosquitoes and
enjoying the Milky Way!  I wish I was there right now!