[at-l] Lite boots - Merrell boots

In a message dated 10/15/01 1:23:24 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
revmrf@kingcon.com writes:

> I've gone to the Merrell boot web site and there's no Terravators listed.

My Merrells are also no longer made.  Wish I had bought 10 pairs when they
were.  I dunno if it was the gortex or the make or what.  But I had many
years of happy hiking, never a blister.  I think I got wet feet on my last
hike with them - but by then they were very old, had cracks in them, and
probably the Gortex was gone too.  My legs got tired but my feet were happy
and dry.  You can, however, find boots thru LL Bean that are made by Merrell,
and I found a pair that are close to what I had.  No blisters yet, and
definitely waterproof.  For those of you who don't believe in Gortex -
really, honestly, my feet don't sweat enough to soak from the inside, (could
it be the Thorlo's??) and I can walk thru creeks without getting wet feet.
When I hiked in the Smokeys over New Years, it snowed and sleeted - but I
just wore gaitors, and I still had dry feet.  Having heard other stories here
about boots, I guess I just have to accept that different boots perform
differently for different people.  But - I loved my Gortex boots, by Merrell,
and I think I love my new ones, although I would prefer them wider.  They
still haven't given me blisters though. :)

The Redhead

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---