[at-l] light shoes

I just bought a pair of Merrell Terravators and have about a hundred miles
on them. Running shoe last with a very good fit range and a sole that looks
like a mud tire...and only one and a half pounds.

altrec.com has the old style on sale for about $56, I paid $60 locally.
Merrell is shipping the new version which features a full GoreTex liner
added to the original great shoe. The original is not waterproof but dries
pretty quickly. My Crocodile gaiters will even fit them, although I am going
to buy some Minigaiters for them.

I may never go back to my boots for summer hiking!

Lee I Joe