[at-l] Crossing the Kennebec

Ya Steve will not carry your pack across anymore. If he carries your
pack it could be considered as an encouragement for a hiker to wade and
could cause a liability on the part of the ATC in the event of a mishap.
He does discourage wading but also chooses to standby for rescue of any
waders before he will ferry anyone across. He is determined that no one
will drown on his watch.

chase