From: greyowl@rcn.com [mailto:greyowl@rcn.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 1:32 PM
To: at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] Trail Maintenance

Hi All,

Had a great weekend hiking from Pine Grove Furnace to Caledonia.  On the
hike we came across some PATC trail maintainers.  This sparked a discussion
as this was an AMC sponsered hike.  The AMC has a difficult time getting
people to show up for trail works, but we have a very heavy hiking, biking,
and canoing schedule.  PATC on the other hand focuses in trail maintenance.

I am taking an informal survey (please reply off list).  I would like to
know;  1.  Do you belong to a trail club?  2.  Do they perform trail
maintenance?  3.  Do you perform any maintenance?

Thanks in advance for the information.  I think that the AMC Delaware Valley
Chapter should be doing more in the way of trail maintenance.

Bob Dudley
AKA Grey Owl