[at-l] Kennebec river crossing

I was watching a show on the weather channel, yes the weather channel,
on white water rafting in Maine.  They had a section on the Kennebec
river.  Said it had some impressive white water.  I forgot what class.
4 maybe?  My question is : Just how rough of a crossing is the AT at
that river?  Without the ferryman, is it really just a couple of
cables?  Does anyone have photos?  what is the ussual ferry schedule?
howmany times a day?  which part of the yr?

thanks.

t.