add "baiting": Re: [at-l] Re: ignore the Weary liar troll bullpucky..

Sloetoe. My slowness apparently occurs on the opposite end of the body from
yours. But I've always been a bit slow, especially when dealing with code
messages. Think how long it took me to understand that this list doesn't want to
discuss political matters, even though some members keep professing, "of course
we talk about political matters."

 However, as much as I disagree with that position, I finally recognize that
 whether you want them or not, and regardless of what some on the list claim,
 such messages are a waste of time and even counterproductive.

 However, as difficult as it is for me to understand meanings behind professions
 to the contrary, it is even more difficult to understand messages in which the
 entire message is contained in the "subject, i.e. "add "baiting": Re: [at-l]
 Re: ignore the Weary liar troll bullpucky..."

 I wrote the message you apparently think of as "baiting," whatever that may
 mean, last night in an effort to end a rather silly exchange with the
 Oldmaster. As is increasingly my practice -- on the advice of Kahley -- I let
 it sit overnight.

 I awoke this morning to Ryan's wise request that the Oldmaster debate be
 dropped, and to find another series of angry messages from you, to which I had
 nothing useful to say other than to suggest we all ought to calm down.

 I also, of course, write in codes, which sometimes are not understood. My code
 for lets all calm down was to describe the salt marsh that borders the two
 acres I bought 40 years ago in a rare moment of astuteness. You seemed to be
 almost as angry as the OldMaster, so I figured the same message might work.
 Sorry I was wrong.

  I'll try to use less inept codes in the future.

  Weary