Re[2]: [at-l] AT-List mostly doesn't talk about...

"... Weary wants us to believe that Collins and Snowe would care about an email
flood from out-of-state more than letters from actual  voters. Weary and
Trailplace's Rock&Root continue to post untruths here  hoping to sway the
opinions of the under-informed. WingFraud's email Spam  campaign failed because
Collins, Snowe and others didn't care how many form  letters they got from his
website during his ego trip. The 'other side' won  because they organized local
voters and swayed local opinion. That's the  truth of the matter," says
Oldmaster.

 Unlike "Oldmaster" I don't pretend to read the minds of Senators Collins and
 Snowe -- or even of Wingfoot for that matter. But since Oldmaster can't even
 figure out what I believe, I doubt if he has any useful insight into anything
 dealing with Saddleback and the largely failed effort to protect the mountain.

 But to keep the record straight, I don't, and have never even hinted, that I
believe or would want anyone else to, "believe that Collins and Snowe would care
about an email flood from out-of-state more than letters from actual  voters."
The claim is absurd.

Oldmaster seems so wracked with hatred that he can't even understand the nature
of the Wingfoot effort. Wingfoot specifically warned against "form" letters. He
devised an ingenious system that made it easy to send email letters written by
real people in their own words. Wingfoot further urged each participant, and
provided careful instructions about how to do it, to send "hard" copies to
Snowe, Collins, and the National Park Service officials, who were charged with
making the decision.

The target of the effort was not even the two Senators, but the park service and
the Department of the Interior. Snowe and Collins and the Maine Representatives
were just sent copies in the hope of generating some political awareness that
people across the nation think the trail is important.

It's sad that the effort failed -- largely I believe because so few people
participated. Most hikers, like most At-List and ATML participants, are mostly
interested in enjoying the trail. As Saunterer points out, this is a busy
country. We are all tired after a day's work. We don't like to wrestle with
complex problems. We resent those who ask that we do so. No one knows this
better than I.

Sorry for again disrupting the harmony of the list. I'm sure Oldmaster, when he
gets his rage under control, can be a pleasant companion around the campfire,
eating smashmellows.

Weary