Re[2]: [at-l] Was: Introduction, Now: Welcome!

<< You are obviously much wiser than I.  I had to wade right in and stir the
 pot to learn my lesson.... I look forward to hearing about your adventures
on the   PCT and other hikes. >>

I thought we were the slow learners!  Brian and I learned much hiking the
PCT.  We both started that trail in '97 carrying over 50 pounds!  Brian
learned more than I did.  He carries a base pack weight of 12 pounds.  I'm
older (not necessarily wiser) and am comfortable with 18.  Difference?  A
little extra padding, mosquito netting, and a bivy that is partially offset
by a lighter sleeping bag.

Trail logs for our '97 and '99 PCT hikes, if you're interested, are on our
website:  http//:homestead.juno.com/roy.robinson/Main.html