[at-l] All kinds of stuff

Hi gang,

it was quite nice to see and visit with a bunch of you at the
Gathering.  I've had god news for a change from my physician this morning
regarding my right knee.  My meniscus and tibia are healing well - three
more weeks of PT with continual work in the future to strengthen my quad[s]
in order for me to really be ready for my thru-hike in March.  I may be
able to get Minimal Supervised Physical Therapy to work on the surrounding
muscles of my knee [and elsewhere.]  His orders were to lighten my load
[something all of us strive for] and to do less miles per day [don't know
for sure how to handle this one.]  I'll figure out what less miles really
mean ... <10 or <20.

Anyhow, nice to see some of you.  About the political stuff:  My personal
opinion... I would not like for us to get into the Warren Doyle type stuff
on this list.  If something political affects our hiking or natural
resources or conservation that's fine but to extend it beyond that is
distasteful and can be insulting and egocentric  [which I found WD's
choices to be during the gathering.]  After Doyle's reading of a certain
poem during the gathering, and sensing Baltimore Jack's upsetness, I went
back to Storr's and packed my tent and left for home, and considered
whether I wanted to remain a member of ALDHA.  After discussion with my
wife and overnight sleep, I determined that I wasn't going to let him ruin
my weekend.  I came back and enjoyed all the events except Doyle's [once
more] reading of a letter [which to me was an example of his
egocentricity.]  Walking Jim Stolz's program on the earlier night turned
out to be one of the best experiences of my 65 years.  That's all I have
top say regarding the political issues.  Hope no one's feelings are
hurt.  Blessings to all.  marty aka rusty

"...the music of the songs I love is found in the open air."
	From a Danish children's song.

Martin R. Fors.