From: Orange Bug [mailto:orangebug74@yahoo.com]
Sent: Saturday, October 06, 2001 8:07 PM
To: JPF; kahley; at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: RE: [at-l] Pack list for feedback

Not such a tough decision. I use only one pair of hiking pants and one
set of rain pants. I also carry long Capilenes in winter and cold
weather. I have a zero degree bag. Even in the Smokies blizzard last
March, my legs were never of any concern.

I'd focus on weight for your torso and head, as well as feet and hands.
Those are the areas that lose heat fastest. I found as long as I stayed
dry, I'd stay pretty warm. I use a large sleeping bag, and would use my
heat to dry clothing a bit at a time. I had considered fleece pants,
but never needed them.

Bill...