[at-l] Wlaking and Seeing---

I find that the first few days that I'm out, I stare at the trail at my
feet.  After I've been out a bit longer, I tend to take a longer view
because my feet begin to find the trail by themselves better.  Of course,
too, it depends on the condition(s) of the trail.  If it's on the edge or
very rocky and I have to climb over things, I don't see much except the
trail itself.  (I saw nothing on Roan Mt.  <G>)  If it's smoother, even if
not level, and away from the edge, I can look further ahead and to the
sides.  anklebear