[at-l] Ruck

 > what the heck the real Ruck is, when and where held, and who gets to go?

Here's the url for the Ruck.
http://friends.backcountry.net/ruck/

  If you click thru on the info for details,
you'll end up on the pages for this year's Rucks held in Jan of 01.
We usually don't update the RUCK stuff until after the Gathering
so I guess the new info will be needed soon.

The Pa Ruck has always been Super Bowl Weekend.  The only
problem is that this year's Superbowl date has not been set ...
sometime near the end of January?  Whenever it is, it will be
held at the IronMaster's Mansion Hostel in Pine Grove Pennsylvania.
Good news for those who'll miss Skeeter's Colorado Trail hike,
he'll be showing his slides at the PaRuck so maybe you can catch it there.

The Southern Ruck will be held on Martin Luther King weekend
and probably somewhere in Georgia but I don't know it that's
been settled yet.

Anyone can come but people dreaming of or planning a hike are
especially welcome cause it's a great place to learn face to face
from those who have been there and done that.