[at-l] Walking & Seeing

I see the most wildlife and interesting thigs when I hike by myself,
particularly when I am just sitting and resting.  If you rest in a
spot without doing a lot of moving around, the critters seem to
forget that you're there, or at least ignore you.  Try sitting and
resting for twenty minutes or so near a creek or an open field or
some other place where you think critters might be prone to go to.
If you go to alpine environs (i.e, up high, no trees), try bringing a
monocular (half a binocular will do).  It helps you spot things like
sheep, goats, and caribou from far off.

Chris

Chris Willett
cwillett@math.uiuc.edu