[at-l] ticks

Melissa,

I never personally saw a tick on myself or another
hiker during my thru-hike, but I did hear of a few
people who found ticks on themselves.  I had long hair
and knew several girls that also had very long hair
with no troubles.  For me it's easier to keep it long
so that it can be tied back.  My advice is not to cut
your hair for ticks (if you just want to, well then
this would be a time for it), but to stay out of tall
grass and don't sit on the ground without something
underneath you.  You will stay cleaner....and no
ticks!

Nocona
GA-ME 98