[at-l] AT-L Dehydrator Recommendations?

<<Then, in ZipLocks? How long do such things last in "shelf storage"? (Do I need then store
in freezer to avoid bugs or spoilage?)
Jan
I have stuff I dried over 2 years ago and just ate it a couple days ago.>>

I have a friend, who will go unnamed, who took his twin sons hiking this summer and inadvertantly packed some parmesan cheese I sealed last May. Not May '01, but May '00! He said the taste was a bit pungent but still edible.

I use almost the same methods of storing as Cheerio except I tend to leave all the vacuum sealed packets of dried meats in the freezer until I need them. I probably don't have to, but I have to store them someplace and the freezer seems like a good idea.  I haven't had as much luck with the baby bottle liners - they tend to tear for some reason, but it might just be technique.

POG