[at-l] Gathering Pains...

Hello everyone,
I have finally gotten rid of whatever the problem or
bug my computer had.  I have felt so isolated and out
of touch with the world!!  I don't watch TV and with
this new job, I seldom have time to read the paper.
So I have been reading about the 11th and looking at
pictures... I am speechless... My heart is broken for
all the lives lost and destroyed and for what we all
have lost...

And I have realized that the Gathering IS HERE!!!  It
is wild how I lose all track of what day of the week
or even the month it is.  Working ON CALL 24/7 will do
that to you!!

I had held off making final plans because I am trying
to buy the house I want to  start my Hiker B&B (Bunk
and Breakfast) That is stalled at the moment but still
on track so I am thinking about the Gathering again...
I loved my first Gathering last year.  Seeing everyone
helped me make it through the winter Blahs.  I know it
will be even better this year with old friends and new
friends!!

I WANT TO GO... BUT... I don't have the cold weather
gear to camp and I can't afford a room.  What
arrangements have others made and how much $$ do you
think the week end can be done for?

And that is assuming I could even still hitch a ride
with one of the generous people that offered me a ride
weeks ago...  I am sorry if I sound like a 2 year old
whining at a check out at Walmart...  Maybe I just
need a few encouraging words from around the campfire!

=====
Miss Janet
http://www.appalachiantrailhiker.com

Hiker Shuttles from Hot Springs,NC to Damascus, VA
Free Erwin Town shuttles-Freedom Hiking available
(423)743-1932 home/leave message