[at-l] Snowshoes.

Appalachian Trail Man,

Reference your post, dated September 29, 2001, asking "...does anyone know
where i can get a good used pair of snowshoes? They must hold the weight of
me 160, and my pack 45-50 lbs..."

I purchased snowshoes, a few years ago, via a catalog from a company named
"Cheaper Than Dirt."  They may have a web site.

The snowshoes were new, U.S. Army Surplus, lightweight, and durable.  I
later saw them in another catalog, which sells the inexpensive, for more
than twice what I paid.

That was the good news.  I will never do business with them again.

I later bought a set of crampons, advertised as "... new ... titanium..."
They were neither.  They were a little expensive for the medium-poor
condition they arrived in, and the company would not take them back for
refund, credit or exchange.

Good luck.  Steve