[at-l] Wow:-)

In 1997 I spent $330.00 + tax on TOP QUALITY PROFFESIONALY FITTED hiking
boots.  With well over three hundred miles on them I just could not bear
the thought of putting them on my poor aching feet again.  I never hiked in
them without getting blisters and they always hurt my feet.  On the second
day of the HATT 2000 hike I hit a small hiking/hunting/gun shop and bought
a pair of much "cheaper" Tecnica boots.  My feet were so much better that I
WILL NEVER AGAIN buy heavy weight boots.  For Summer use I have gone to
approach shoes with a light to ultra light system and will use the
Tecnica's for colder weather.  A good COMFORTABLE replaceable pair of light
to medium weight shoes or boots will do for the AT through all but the most
extreme conditions.  NEVER AGAIN WILL I ABUSE MY FEET IN HEAVY WEIGHT BOOTS !

Black Wolfe