[at-l] mail drop

Our answer to where to send maildrops is DON'T,

We did not use them and when we thru hike again,, we
will not use them. Everytime we bought food on the
trail we determined where the next resupply spot would
be and bought food acordingly. It worked well.  Also,
places referred to as short term resupply in the
Companion, easily met our needs. . When you have been
on the trail a while, you find you can adjust your
needs, to what is available, (although we only had to
do that once or twice).

Someone mentioned problems hitching in Bland, and i
believe the guides also say that. When we hiked in
1999, everyone got a ride with the first or second
vehicle, both arriving and leaving, and we know of
hikers who were fed and given lodging by locals there.
Also the postmaser is friendly and helpful. The
burgers in the back of the service station are great.

PA