[at-l] RE: I've noticed that some hikers are "against" loud

when they hurt themselfs and the rescue crew is out to look for them they
want to be as hard to see as possible. so they can avoid getting rescued.

seriously though
there is nothing wrong with being a quiet person color-wize but my point is
make sure at least something on you is bright and easy to see for people
that might be looking for you.  espesially if you move outside of the three
season range and extend into that fourth season or if you so choose to walk
alone then it is even more important in my opinion.

yes it is most likely bad for a person to see walking in "THEIR" woods and
have there aloneness ruined but it woudl be worse if you passed them by
cause they were camo-ed into the leaves on teh sid eof the trail hurt.

just somethign to think about.  i have personally given up on woods colored
clothing and equipment. i like the fact that hunters can see me easier and
all the other good protective thigns that come with the bright clothing and
gear. this said i normal go out in the fall and winter as i dislike bugs and
heat. and i figure if people are annoyed at seeing me they shoudl go to less
populated woods.

Wisperlight