[at-l] Another Lister Bio

Name:  Mary Oldford

Trail Name:  Don't really have a trailname yet.  Skrappi has just been a
nickname for
                   for a long time, but I'm very open to picking up an actual
trail name.

Home:  Sevierville, TN

Born:  Columbus, OH

Date Of Birth:   9-6-63  I'll do the math,  that makes me 38yrs. old

Marital Status:  Very Married for 7yrs now.  Hubby:  Kenny Oldford

Children:  3 children and 1 stepson.  Ages, Son 21yrs. old, Daughter 11yrs.
old,
               Daughter 7yrs. old and my stepson is 21yrs. old and attends
the University
                Of Cincinnati
                3 grandchildren ages, 6, 2, and 1

Occupation:  Homemaker Full Time,  Cleaning Houses Parttime

Military:  None, only because by the time I got around to inquiring about it,
they told
              me I was to old.  Imaging that!  I don't feel to old!

Hobbies:  Hiking - though still only a novice (like a babe in the woods),
camping,
               reading, trying my hand at crocheting though don't have much
time for this.

Last Books Read:  "A Guilty Thing Surprised" by Ruth Rendell,  "Nemesis" by
                             Agatha Christie.  Also big Stephen King fan.

Hiking Experience:  Started hiking about 5yrs. ago.  But because my children
are still
                              very young I haven't done much.  We've hiked
Max Patch, and a
                              number of day hikes in the Smokies but that's
about the extent
                               of it.

Favorite Soft Beverage:  Iced Coffee, Hot Coffee, Dr. Pepper

Favorite Hard Beverage:  All of them which is why I now don't drink any of
them : )!

*I have been dreaming of thru-hiking the AT for a number of years now.
Probably wouldn't be attempting to hike it next year if my husband didn't
finally say "Go Do It".
I've been raising kids for 21yrs. now and still have one is second grade.
Was thinking it would be another 10 to 15 yrs. before I could attempt it.
But we are working it out together as a family and if I can do this it would
be the opportunity of a life time for me.  And something wonderful that feels
like it might be a gift from God.  I'm looking for spirituality, serenity,
having time to maybe "find me".