[at-l] I got out today

Got up early and put in another 12 miles (6 in and out) on the Tuscarora
Trail. Went to the Jemima section in WVA, starting from Hawk Campground.
The pump had the most yellow, ironish water I  have ever seen from a
pump - guess I'll live though. Small but exquisite waterfall on lower
Hawk Run. Saw 8 1/2 deer. Leaves are beginning to change - some reds and
yellows. Turned around at Jemima's gravestone - she died at age 62 on a
marginal (and rocky!) homestead in the 1880's, Must have had 20 year old
children at the start of the war - rough in a border state. Makes you
wonder what her life was like. Sunny day, cool at 7:00 but over 70 by
noon. Knee still shaky - hiked the first hour without Ibuprofen as an
experiment - what a difference after taking 3.

- Gary from Fairfax