[at-l] RE: Funny Shelter Register

Yeah, that section is a doozy, but it has its redeeming points (love the
relo out of Bishop Hollow for one...).  Plus it's being relo-ed to go by =
the
Elk River Falls (along the lines of Laurel Fork Falls, very nice).  Sure
will miss that road walk at Campbell Hollow with all the friendly dogs,
though! <g>

One experience (of many) I had in that section:  I was day-hiking into =
one
of the deep hollows from Buck Mountain or Walnut Mountain (is it Pine
Mountain?).  I was about a half hour from the car, mid-afternoon, sunny =
and
nice outside.  All of a sudden I got goosebumps, the hair on the back of =
my
neck stood up, and I got an ominous vibe.  Pretty weird, I'd never had =
that
happen before in all my by-myself hikes.  I stopped for a sec, shrugged =
it
off, and took a few steps forward.  I then got a very strong impression =
that
I shouldn't go any further forwards.  So I turned around and went back =
the car, with no idea what was going on.  Still don't know...

Dewman