[at-l] Maine Rose Memorial Fund

Dear Listers,
	The word from the Maine Appalachian Trail Club is that the
Maine Rose Memorial Fund has about stopped receiving contributions
and is well short of the $2000 goal needed for it to remain a named
memorial.  The last time I checked with Barbara Clark, it was less
than $500.  Maine Rose deserves better (and MATC is looking at a
deficit this year, as well).  So I'm re-posting the original post
that tells you (at the end) how to contribute to a lasting memorial
to our departed Trail friend and, at the same time, help the AT in
a state with a *huge* number of miles to maintain and *few* sources
of dollars.
	I know many of you are hard up for money and due to the events
on Sept. 11 you may be making other donations.  But we did it for
The Place, and I feel in my heart we can do it again.  I've contributed
once, and all I thought I could 'afford.'  But I guess I'll dig down
again, in light of the discouraging words from MATC.  Thank you all.
	-- eArThworm