[at-l] Thru-hiking in a terrorist land

I just want to add my thoughts to what has happened last week and how maybe we can try to do something about it through simple inquiry and hope.  I am contacting all the financial companies I have accounts with to ask them how they will help stop terrorism . I am thinking of that they should use divestment from countries that are havens for terrorist monies. Also, I am thinking of principle here and want to mothball my car and ride a bicycle to work and school instead of spending dollars on Middle East oil. The small amount of  money I'd save by that , I could find socially responsible channels to  spend it on , like hiking gear :) .  I think one of the best ways the average American can help in this war is to realize that maybe we should curtail the US money boosting other lands that have us in disfavor. I am sending money to the Red Cross , but something has gone into my comfort zone too.  I want others to consider what I am writing here and try to get others through e-mail and personal discussions to pas on these ideas and more .  I feel nothing is pretty anymore in this world outside the realm of nature.  Issues I have struggled with on my hikes and aspirations to find some kind of freedom outdoors   have been shown now to have some meaning that I hope others can relate .  Please think of what I am writing and it's sincere intent.

http://explorer.msn.com

text/html (html body -- converted)
---