[at-l] mini-est of trip reports

T and I just returned from a long weekend in northern Michigan and
Wisconsin. The sky was blue, and the temperatures were cool, although
most of the leaves are still green. We grabbed half a day and ran off to
Munising, Michigan, and Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. We had time
to see Miner's Castle, a breathtaking rock formation, and take a quick
hike down to the beach. T kept commenting how much the beach and water
looked tropical, but the air and water temperature convinced him
otherwise. We watched a few kayakers paddle by on Lake Superior, which
was almost flat. It was so beautiful, so peaceful, it was tempting to
forget about what is going on in the rest of the world. Before we hit
the trail again, I picked up a small purplish rock as a reminder of a
golden moment. We'd love to go back and hike much more of the trail
sometime. I hope it will be next summer...

Give Me Chocolate