[at-l] Plans --- was A different kind of Gear List

--- Jim and/or Ginny Owen <spiriteagle99@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> How about everyone tell us about
> what hiking you're
> planning for the next year - whether it involves
> thruhiking or not.

An excellent suggestion!

I plan to stay at my tech writing job until early
April. Then, I'm going to spend a few weeks hiking the
Ozark Highlands Trail in Arkansas, and then I'll make
the big move to the Asheville, NC, area. I am soooo
looking forward to being able to do day hikes and
overnighters without having to drive 3 hours to get to
a trail! Also looking forward to living closer to my
sister, who is in Brevard NC.

Once in NC, I hope to have a job teaching English lit
and/or writing, either on the college level or at a
local high school. I've mentioned on this list before
that I'm currently finishing up my education
requirements for certification in English--secondary
level.

I would like to hike the Long Trail over the summer,
if I can manage it financially and time-wise (before
the fall semester begins). I really loved Vermont and
want to go back soon!!

I had planned to hike a big section of the PCT next
year but decided to devote my "hiking funds" to moving
and changing careers instead. Those just seem like the
more important things at this point in my life.

Nina

=====
Visit the Louisiana Hiking Club at http://www.geocities.com/louisianahikingclub
Visit my ME-GA 2000 thru-hike updates at http://www.gorp.com/gorp/activity/hiking/thruhike/nina/ninab_archive.htm.