[at-l] Ready's Journal : Sept 13 TD 91

You can write to Ready    readyhiker@pocketmail.com

We awakened to an alarm this morning, but it was in a
comfy bed and the sun was already shining. The tantalizing
smells of breakfast being cooked wafted up to our room
  and made getting up so much easier!
We shared breakfast with Little Ox and a section hiker,
Chuck, and his wife, Janet. Good food, good company.
We returned to our room after breakfast and cuddled and
talked. The strain of the long hiking days and the horrific
  terrorist events of the past few days had really played
on our emotions. It was good to have some quiet time together.
Each of us got a massage by Jenson, a gifted massage
therapist. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch prepared by Paul.
Angry Jack & Lollipop, Sticks & Patches, Mr Pink and
MAINEiac had come into the B&B today too; Janet too
was hanging around today as her husband was hiking a
short section. We sat around the big dining room table,
chatting and eating together. It was a nice fellowship as
tales, humorous and poignant, were shared all around.
Janet has been a great support person while Chuck was
hiking, but she had no trailname. We all agreed that she
should have one. I kidded her about simply identifying herself
as "'Janet' from the 'Rocky Horror Picture Show.'" Without
missing a beat, she replied, "Dammit!" I think she'd found
her trailname! ;-)
We headed back to our room again in the late afternoon,
waking from a nap in time to get a lift to the Northern Outdoors
Brewery again.
I sent and received my email from the tavern. I'd received many
notes of encouragement from friends and family. [Thank you, all,
for that support. It meant alot to me.] A short chat on the phone
with my Dad was fortifying, also. My family had been worried
that I'd gone back to NY to assist with the disaster response.
They were also keenly aware of how I must have been reacting
to all of it.
After a great meal and a short soak in the hot tub with
Lollipop and Angry Jack, we got a ride back with Paul.
The rest of the evening was spent readying our gear for
tomorrow's hike out, writing post cards and checking the
internet. It was after midnight before we were done with all
the packing and sorting.

multipart/mixed
---