[at-l] ProVent Rain Jackets

Hi
I've had a couple requests for leads on the ProVent rain Jackets
(cheaper, Frogg-Togg-like) I mentioned in my trip report.
Here is the URL:
http://www.thru-hiker.com/provent.htm
And here is the blurb:
     ProVent Ultralite
     Waterproof
     Breathable
     Rainwear

     Save pounds from your pack
     and dollars for your wallet
     with these thru-hiker proven
     jackets!  ProVent jackets feature the same basic fabric as
     Frogg Toggs' and Rainshield's jackets but in a traditional
     hiker's parka design. This jacket will keep you dry in the
     worst deluges and breathes much better than Gore-Tex.
     Don't let the low price fool you, this is the lightest, best
     performing jacket for the trail you'll find.  Price:  $39.95.
     Available in regular size only (fits to about 6', 175 lbs.
     The circumference of the jacket is about 44 inches).
Then,
                                 Manufacturer's weight:  8 oz
                                 Thru-Hiker tested weight:  8.1 oz
     Material:  ProVent- a waterproof/breathable membrane ultrasonically
bonded to inner and outer spun polyolefin layers.
                                                    Comparable to the
fabric used in Frogg Toggs and RainShield rainwear.
                   Features:

                   Traditional Hiker's Rain Parka Design
Bombproof, velcro secured double storm flap keeps out wind and rain much
better than the Frogg Togg jacket.
                    No annoying waist elastic.
                    Better hood than Frogg Toggs and Rain Shield

--
    Jan Leitschuh Sporthorses Ltd.

http://www.mindspring.com/~janl2

E-mail:  mailto:janl2@mindspring.com