[at-l] gear question

At 09:38 AM 9/14/01 -0400, Linda Benschop wrote:

>We brought a tent with a broken zipper to a dry cleaners that did
>alterations. They fixed it for five dollars, better than new.

That's a good deal but if you can't find someone to do it..I have
successfully replaced sliders on jeans
but I'm not sure if the end tab on your tent is made of a material that
can be bent. If you look at that end tab...on the end of the zipper that is
always
together, if you can spread the two sides of that thing apart, and
remove it from the material, then you remove the old slider and fit
on the new one. Be careful that you get those first couple teeth
lined up right and tight. Replace the end tab, squeeze it tight and bingo. If
you can't replace the end tab, I think a glob of silicone would secure
it if you were careful not to put too much stress on it, but that would make
a repeat of the repair really hard.

multipart/mixed
---