[at-l] The Gathering list

Sorry, gang, I won't be at this year's Gathering.  Would you believe hiking is getting in the way? <G>  Seriously, I signed a contract to write a book on Florida hiking, and I need to spend every weekend from here on out (okay, I'll wait until AFTER the hurricane hits) out on the trails, collecting data and taking pictures and just generally having a great time. It's tough to write a serious book AND have a full-time job to attend to.

On a related note, my latest book, "Florida in the Civil War," came out a few weeks ago. If anyone on-list is interested in obtaining a copy from me (you can get it from Amazon too, but I'll autograph *and* charge you less), email me privately.  Info at: http://members.aol.com/sfriendfla

And on a further related note, expect our buddy Solar Bear at the Gathering this year.  He's trying to talk Wanchor into going too.

Cheers, Navigator