[at-l] Klipspringer, 6 String Hillbilly sightings

In my last post I forgot to add that I spent the night of 8/31 with
Klipspringer at Story Spring Shelter, just South of Stratton Mtn in
Vermont.

What a  pleasant surprise for me! I hiked with K. in 1997 and enjoyed
this gentleman's company immensely, from Killington to Hanover. I
later saw him, and his son "Groper", as they arrived in Monson during
their flipflop that year.

This will be K's second complete hike of the AT, I hope to catch up
to him sometime. He looked a bit worn and tired, but was optimistic
about at least reaching the Maine border. If he does that then he's
completed his second trip (he repeated Maine in '99).

6 String Hillbilly (sans Luna) was sighted on 8/27 as I headed to
Gov. Clement Shelter. He was Northbound on the AT to Hanover, just a
short stretch with his sister and brother-in-law. He had a nice chat
trailside but couldn't spend the night, he was heading for Pico.

--
Arthur D. Gaudet         	"Is walking down called hiking, too?"
(RockDancer)  	                 -heard at the top of Mt Washington, NH