[at-l] What's "Trail Related"?

At 12:47 PM 9/13/01 -0400, William Neal wrote:

>Of course, we could appoint someone to do a job similar to what I use to do.

Oh my gawd...Sweet was a bouncer??  Whodathunkit?  <BG>
Mee too!!!!!   Well at least the sweet talk part....others did the actual
through the door deed.

 > But what is appropriateTrail stuff?
 > Just stuff that relates to the AT?

Nope!  Never was...we all hike other Trails and many of us like to hear
about the trip reports.  Plus, when we talk about neat local stuff, it helps
take some of the pressures off the AT itself and let's people know that
there are many many places to tread.

 > What about recipes

OF COURSE!!!!  My gawd.....we are hikers!!  Of course we talk of food

 > or new product reviews? Or Gear help?

YES!!!!  Maybe people don't remember, but there was once a sort of spit
here when some folks didn't enjoy as much gear talk as was happening.
Michael Connick started the BPL list for exclusive gear talk and while
at the time, I was upset about the split off, it has been a good thing.
I am a member of BPL but those guys are purely nutz <VVVVBG>.
They weigh their gear in GRAMS!!!   LOL
Actually it's a good group for really intense gear talk at a level that
would ruffle a lot of feathers here.  BUT...I can't read that list unless
I have money in my pocket cause there is a gearbuyingmania virus
in the air.  There is no reason we can't still talk gear here!  And if
you found something that worked well or didn't work, why wouldn't
you share that info with your friends.

?  What about humor?  Or stuff like what has been posted about the Day of
Infamy II?

Two ends of the specter and both very important aspects of the list
community.  We share more than the Trail.
Don't forget birth announcements and personal triumphs
and tradgedies.   All that stuff has always been welcome.

 > Not everyone is going to agree on what is or is not trail related.  And even
 > close friends are going to disagree sooner or later.

Huh?  Are you inferring that someone may dispute what I have said here?
Impossible!!!!!!  ;*)

One thing.....if you need computer or plumbing advice, (both of which I have
gotten here)  it's good to start the subject with OFF TOPIC or OT to
'help the purists <g> who may want to delete on sight.

signed k...another former bouncer <g>

multipart/mixed
---