[at-l] how do I setup a gravity water filter?

Along the same line as Kahleys question, I'm thinking of trying to setup a
gravity feed using my water bag.  Does anyone have any instructions on how
to do this and what type of filter I should use?  Would the Safewater
in-line one work this way??

I've got one of those collapsing folding blue bag thingy's that weigh about
1-2 oz's as a water bag, they hold a lot, will hang from a picnic table if
slide the handles in the cracks and will even sit if not over-full.  I'm not
very mechanical, so I will need really specific instructions on what to put
where and how high or low it can be hung, how much line is needed to get the
gravity working and how best to get it started w/o contaminating myself.

I'm trying to wean myself off my pur hiker filter for weight reasons, but
cant go iodine for family health background reasons plus I just like the
idea of a filter.

also - those who do'nt use filters, what do you use to get water out of
sources that are small & maybe a bit cloudy??  do you carry a small cupish
thing that you reserve JUST for un-treated water?

Cheerio