[at-l] I wanted to go hiking

and Sir Toey says:

### But overall, (in answer to Lee I Joe's contention that such a scenario
is repeatable tomorrow) this [response of Jeremy, et.al. in United 93] is
what will prevent success in such an attack in the future. Aircraft have
*always* been subject to such an attack, but the *use* of passenger airlines
in a manner such as this is a one-time deal. As long, at least,as we
remember.
-----

this was odd to read this am as I was just thinking about it while getting
ready to leave for work.  I've got to fly out to Seattle from DC sometime in
the next couple weeks and I'm no longer happy about it.  If it wasn't a 4
day trip - i'd drive.  I found myself wondering what I would do if a flight
I was on was hijacked and decided I would try to encourage & participate in
something similar.  I'd be dead anyways and I'd rather they didn't get to
use me and the plane I was on.  After all, on a plane, there are definately
more of US than THEM.  3-4 hijackers vs the rest of the passengers, odds are
in our favor but with some casualties.  I'd beat someone in the face with
the in-flight magazine rather than just sit back and let them crash me into
a building.  Dead is dead - I'd rather stop them & die vs let them win and
die.

Somehow, I think the next hijacker on a flight w/ americans is going to find
themselves facing an angry ACTIVE mob, not a group of people simply sitting
in their seats & waiting.

Paula