[at-l] Re: bombings

First of all, I am hardly an expert, but who said it was over? I believe it
is, but, this may well be the opening stages of an intensive campaign of
terrorism.

Despite what has been said on the news media coverage today, this WAS NOT an
intensively planned, well thought out attack. They struck the White House -
nobody home. They struck at Camp David, likewise, nobody home. They struck
at the World Trade Center - an hour too early. They struck at the Pentagon -
and mostly missed.

Yes, what actually occurred was horrific, but they MISSED. It could have
been MUCH, MUCH worse.

They could have read the papers and realized that Bush was at a school in
Florida - a very soft target. They could have timed it for Congress to be in
session - and wiped out most of the national leadership. They could have
waited a few more minutes and increased the death toll by a factor of
ten....

This whole enterprise cost them only eight or so people. They have more, and
the scenario CAN be repeated tomorrow, no matter what we do to prevent it.

Lee I Joe