[at-l] perspective

"...the people in the middle east have been
claiming that dirt is more important than blood."

No one knows what triggered today's tragedy. I suspect many things did. But it likely involved far more than
the ownership of dirt. Prominent among them may be the desire of people to live under a government
of their own choosing on land that they and their ancestors have lived on for centuries.

We should not be surprised that many in this world feel this way. It was the impetus for the battles
of Concord, valley forge and the entire American revolution against England -- the desire to
control our own future.

No. That desire in no way justifies what happened, but it may explain it. And understanding
and acting on the reasons why may be needed to prevent recurrences.

Weary